Water Use Customer Outreach Coordinator
We are looking for a curious, data-driven collaborator to join ERWSD as a Water Use Customer Outreach Coordinator. In addition to supplying safe and healthy drinking water and wastewater services to our community, it is also our job to ensure and protect our watershed and the future of our water supply. That’s where you come in. The Water Use Customer Outreach Coordinator will use statistics, facts and figures to engage with our community members and have a positive impact on their water use and knowledge.
As the Water Use Outreach Coordinator, you will organize efforts to educate and support the members of our community to use water more efficiently over time in order to use our existing water supply to serve an expanding population while protecting water rights and the natural water resource. You will be responsible for water use messaging with various stakeholders, analyzing data, and developing a proactive outreach program with our customer bases for both indoor and outdoor water use.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who likes leveraging data and utilizing technology to paint a picture for stakeholders. The ideal candidate is technology savvy, has great communication skills and cares about water use in our community! Experience with a variety of software like Microsoft Office, WaterSmart, Power Bi, and CIS Infinity would be a plus.
Why work for us? The work you will do as a Water Use Customer Outreach Coordinator will allow you to make a real difference within the community. Not to mention our excellent health benefits, housing program, and ample opportunities for training and development.
The Day to Day
- Implement, coordinate and manage processes to reach out to certain customer bases to collaborate with customers on reduction goals, and processes. Communicate directly with customers, HOAs, landscapers, vendors, contractors and other stakeholders.
- Develop tools, reports, and talking points for the various stakeholders tracking and monitoring water use and our outreach efforts. Analyze and report metrics on adoption and effectiveness of program components to Management.
- Support the Metering team in implementing Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) to ensure data analysis is sound and reliable.
- Utilize software and hardware such as CIS Infinity, WaterSmart, Advanced Metering Infrastructure to ensure development infrastructure is designed to be water efficient in order to minimize the reliance on customer behavior to manage water demand.
- Responsible for tracking, creating, and maintaining databases of customer information and communicating the data to stakeholders. Responsible for auditing CIS and WaterSmart records.
- Support and assist in data analysis as it pertains to the development of Water Resources Planning to increase the District’s understanding of the capacity we have to serve our customers with our water rights, the natural water supply and reservoir storage, so that we can plan, prioritize and properly time water efficiency efforts.
- Support the development of water budgets for customers.
- Coordinate across departments. Coordinate with Communication and Public Affairs to create and update a communications plan to prepare customers for water budgeting and other uses. In coordination with the Engineering Department, align our special irrigation permits processes and other like processes to our strategic plan. In coordination with the Engineering Department, reclassify certain structure types in CIS and WaterSmart.
- Assist in maintaining customer information regarding this area’s water supply and the impacts and risks of our water usage through positively framed outreach and messaging, including using water pricing to communicate to customers the value of water. Provide tools, resources, and direct assistance to customers to empower them to manage their water use.
- Provide a concierge service to the customer bases that customizes ROI on their reductions, articulation of the environmental importance and impact, and creation of plans to reduce water use customized for each customer.
- Other duties as assigned
- EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE: Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred; plus two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Associates or Bachelor’s degree in the environmental, data analytics, or conservation fields preferred.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as ordinances, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Demonstrated public speaking skills required, including the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, Board of Directors, clients, customers, and the general public.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry and recommend meter sizing information to customer service.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Ability to manipulate and evaluate large data sets to make data-driven decisions. Must demonstrate critical problem-solving skills, ability to utilize business intelligence systems and manipulate Excel spreadsheets. Knowledge of Microsoft Suite, Power BI and CIS Infinity.
- CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must participate in training for Water Conservation. Must possess a valid Colorado Driver's license within 30 days of full-time employment and be insurable under District's standards. Must obtain CPR/First Aid Certification within the first six (6) months of employment.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus for computer work.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, moving parts on office equipment and electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This position will be expected to work a hybrid in-person/remote schedule, Monday through Friday.
Hiring Range and Benefits
The pay range for this role is $29.53 - $44.28/hour. Starting wage depends on qualifications but generally falls within the minimum and midpoint of the pay range. Comprehensive benefits package including health benefits, wellness program, retirement, housing program, and more available to all full-time, year-round employees. Click HERE to learn more.
All applicants must apply online at www.erwsd.org to be considered by January 31, 2022. All employees must be insurable under District standards, submit to a pre-employment drug screen and extensive background check.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a full job description (including or for any additional questions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors.