Summer Seasonal Systems Maintenance Operator
Summer Seasonal Systems Maintenance Operator- Eagle River Water and Sanitation District - Avon CO
Looking for a great Summer job with great views and a purpose? Eagle River Water and Sanitation District is currently seeking Seasonal Systems Maintenance Workers to support the Field Operations department in Summer operations. This role will support the goals of the Field Operations Department, which maintains and enhances the safety and well-being of the community by providing exceptional water and wastewater service, and maintaining the District’s extensive network of underground assets. The department continuously strives to meet the needs of the community by constantly focusing on customer service, efficient and effective utilization of resources, safety, innovation, and teamwork.
This is a great opportunity for a candidate with a strong work ethic who would like to gain some exposure to our industry and to work outdoors in a role that provides a service for our community. Other benefits include paid Holidays, housing stipend, and opportunities for training. And the best part: you provide an essential service to the community while working outside and seeing some pretty amazing places.
The regular schedule for this position will be 7:00am-3:30pm Monday-Friday but may work weekends or holidays as required. This position will work up to 1000 hours for the season and will be based out of the Avon Wastewater Treatment Facility. We would prefer a candidate who can start in April or May and work for six months.
What you’ll do:
- Assists with water and sewer taps as needed.
- Assists in performing or performs repairs to fire hydrants, water mains, water valves, PRV's, sewer lines, sewer manholes, lift stations and helping other departments as needed.
- Assists with Mechanical/Electrical group initiatives as needed.
- Performs repairs on equipment used by Field Operations department.
- Operates power and hand tools in assisting with main repairs and system maintenance.
- Completes work orders daily.
- Conducts general maintenance and painting.
- Performs traffic control on job sites.
- Must be willing to work overtime and weekends.
- Required to follow all District safety and security policies and wear Personal Protective Equipment as required by the job duties
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Ability to work with hand tools and basic mechanical ability required.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to learn required.
- Proven customer service skills and the ability to work productively with minimal direct supervision.
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal) are essential. This position works closely with customers, contractors, developers and other District Departments.
- Ability to use office equipment such as phone systems, copier, and fax machine, and radio system. The ability to work as a member of a team is a must. Computer proficiency required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Must possess a valid Colorado Driver's license and be insurable under District's standards.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk and hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and confined spaces. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Starting pay for this role is $15/hour.
All District employees must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and extensive background check.
For a full job description, email firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants must apply online at www.erwsd.org in order to be considered.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 1066