The IT department at Eagle River Water and Sanitation District is responsible for delivering the best support possible for all IT issues. This enables ERWSD to do what it does best- provide efficient and reliable water and wastewater service to our customers.
We are looking for an energetic and positive IT professional to join our team as a SharePoint Developer. This role will drive the design, development, maintenance, and administration of ERWSD’s SharePoint environment using both programming and project management skillsets.
The ideal candidate is an experienced SharePoint professional with a programmer’s mindset and a high level of attention to detail. This role is not a good fit for a lone wolf who prefers to work alone but is perfect for a team player with strong communication and collaboration skills.
Why work for us? A SharePoint Developer role at the base of Vail Mountain for a great company that has a direct positive impact on the local environment and community- what could be better than that? Not to mention our excellent benefits, housing program, training opportunities, and a flexible work schedule.
The Day to Day:
Support and Collaboration: Responsible for SharePoint support and guidance for the District (over 130 users at 6
locations). Participates in 24x7 on call rotational basis.
SharePoint Solutions and Troubleshooting: Serves as the on-premise SharePoint administrator and developer. Maintains patch management within our Office 365 SharePoint environment. Experience with SharePoint Online/Office365 deployments and hybrid environments. Assists with existing data, metadata, and off-site migration planning. Leads bi-weekly SharePoint development meetings for planning and review. Develops Off-Premise Office 365 SharePoint hosted solutions. Maintains licensing and support contracts with the assistance of the IT Manager. Responsible for user creation and removal as well as Active Directory Security group support and maintenance. Responsible for management of O365 retention policies. Responsible for the establishment and implementation of all metadata guidelines. Responsible for routine maintenance and upkeep of established metadata requirements
Project Management and Implementation: Drives the design, development, maintenance, and administration of ERWSD’s SharePoint environment using both programming and project management skillsets. Installs and supports all document imaging equipment and related software. Provides support and implementation of all updates related to document imaging software and hardware. Provide training and understanding on the use of all document imaging equipment and software in correlation to SharePoint and KnowledgeLake. Adherence to established rules of retention for document management. Implement guidelines as set forth by Records Management for data retention. Develops troubleshooting and installation procedures. Collects data and performs analysis as needed
Team Dynamics: Comes up with creative ideas to bring to the team. Maintains a positive attitude and works cooperatively with IT team and District employees, vendors and contractors. Maintains good public relations. This role provides mentoring and leadership to other members of the IT staff in relation to the SharePoint and its related 3rd party applications. In addition, this individual will be the primary escalation point for other team members for all issues relating to SharePoint and any 3rd party products which correlate to it.
Organizational Support: Maintain strong relationships with all departments as the mainsystems SharePoint support source for the entire organization.
Continuous Learning: Keep current with new technologies and industry standards. Attend training and conferences to support ongoing initiatives and bring value to the District.
Values: Align with District Values in all aspects of work.
- Enthusiastic and willing to help others
- Strong customer service skills are a must
- Must be passionate about IT and actively seeking to expand knowledge
- Communication and strong listening skills are a must
- Ability to work independently, multi task, reprioritize and follow up with questions, solutions or suggestions
- Must be detail oriented
- Education and Experience Requirements can be met by the following: Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related technical field from four-year college or university and three years related experience of training OR Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three years of experience developing SharePoint solutions
- 3 years minimum working with SQL databases
- 3 years minimum working with SharePoint Designer
- 3 years working with Powershell & Microsoft Visual Studio
- Comfortable working with .NET/Azure environments
- Experience with WordPress highly desirable
- Comfortable working within an Active Directory environment and providing appropriate support
- Must be comfortable with troubleshooting and working independently with technology
- Able to maintain confidentiality and appropriately communicate sensitive information
- Must obtain CPR/First Aid Certification within the first six (6) months of employment
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Colorado Driver’s license and be insurable under District standards
The pay range for this role is $31.19 - $46.79. Hiring wage depends on qualifications and experience.
All District employees must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and extensive background check.
For a full job description, email email@example.com
All applicants must apply online at www.erwsd.org by March 7 in order to be considered.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1102