Seasonal Water Operator
Seasonal Water Operator
The Eagle River Water and Sanitation District provides high quality, affordable drinking water to its customers to protect public health and the natural surroundings. The District uses advanced treatment technologies and innovative approaches to water operations management, ensuring protection of its local watersheds. We are currently looking for someone interested in building a career in water to work with our Water Department this summer as a Seasonal Water Operator. This role will assist with general maintenance, housekeeping, groundskeeping, systems operations, water quality sampling and troubleshooting of water treatment facilities, wells, and other assets within established guidelines and under direct supervision.
This is a great opportunity for a mechanically inclined, self-starter who is interested in building an environmental focused career in water. The Seasonal Water Operator will have lots of exposure to different elements of our industry and will learn from experienced water professionals. Why work for us? This is an opportunity to develop your career AND provide a vital service to the community. Not to mention paid Holidays, monthly housing stipend, and opportunities for training.
The ideal timeframe for this candidate is suited for someone who can work a full six months as a full time seasonal employee. We are ideally looking for candidates who can begin work in April or early May.
What You Will Do:
- Bacteriological sampling as needed
- Primarily work on Work Orders, working with operators and supervisors to fulfill work orders and update work order system
- Treatment facility reads and analyzer verification
- Lab analysis and data entry
- Collect, package, and ship water samples as directed
- QA/QC on water quality parameters
- Chemical and salt handling
- Housekeeping, cleaning and general maintenance which may occasionally be repetitive but is necessary for the efficiency of our operations
- Groundskeeping and landscaping for site cleanliness and fire mitigation
- Assist the Raw Water Resources Operator in routine maintenance and data collection at storage reservoirs.
- Assist Water Quality Coordinator and Supervisor with water sampling and maintenance as directed.
- Assist staff with Lead & Copper Sampling as needed
This position is Monday - Friday, 8-5 with some flexibility in schedule.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university within Environmental Sciences, Engineering, Biology, Watershed Science, Chemistry or related field; or 6 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Friendly with strong customer service skills and able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and co-workers.
- Ability to work with hand tools and basic mechanical ability required.
- Basic electrical and plumbing skills and knowledge preferred.
- Sampling experience preferred with a background in Chemistry, Biology, Engineering or Life Sciences background.
- Enthusiastic about Water and ready to learn.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and appropriately communicate sensitive information.
- Must be comfortable with physical work and be able to work in variable weather conditions.
- Must possess a valid Colorado Driver's license and be insurable under District's standards.
The pay rate for this role is $15/hour.
All District employees must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and extensive background check.
For a full job description, email firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants must apply online www.erwsd.org in order to be considered.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 1106