Seasonal Controls Technician
The Operational Technology (OT) department at Eagle River Water and Sanitation District is responsible for advanced design, installation, testing, monitoring, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of a variety of electrical and systems associated with the production, treatment, storage, transmission and distribution of the District’s water and wastewater facilities. This enables ERWSD to do what it does best- provide efficient and reliable water and wastewater service to our customers.
We are looking for an open-minded learner with a positive attitude to join our team as a Seasonal Controls Technician.
An ideal candidate for this role has a passion for controls and programming work, a willingness to learn, listen, and collaborate with the rest of the OT team. Why work for us? This is a great opportunity for an energetic, self-starter who is interested in gaining meaningful experience applying their controls skills and education to an organization that has an environmental impact. Other benefits include paid Holidays, housing stipend, and opportunities for training.
The ideal timeframe for this candidate is suited for a recent graduate or someone who wants to spend the summer working, learning, and living in Vail. We would prefer an intern who can start in April or May and work for six months.
What you will do:
- Record Management: Verify electrical/controls diagrams for electrical controls cabinets, make changes as needed and record keeping. Verify that PLC programs are most up to date and record keeping. iFix (SCADA) Database management. iHistorian (SCADA) clean up. Map out the PLC Network.
- Support: Assist OT staff with Helpdesk ticketing system as they come up for low level ticketing. Provide access to contractors at the outer facilities as needed. Assist high level technicians on projects.
- Troubleshooting: Assist OT staff with troubleshooting and maintenance of controls related equipment, devices and instrumentation
- Inventory: Parts inventory verification and ordering including PLC parts, various instrumentation and controls devices.
- Everything Else: Required to follow all District safety and security policies and wear Personal Protective Equipment as required by the job duties Assists OT staff with assigned duties and other duties.
- Organizational Support: Maintain strong relationships with all departments as a representative of the OT Group and Water Department.
- Continuous Learning: Keep current with new technologies and industry standards. Learn from a fun and collaborative team of professional Controls Technicians.
- Values: Align with District Values in all aspects of work.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Degree or pursuing degree in an electrical, automation, instrumentation, computer sciences, controls or engineering field strongly preferred.
- Some controls, operational technology or electrical experience or coursework strongly preferred.
- Ability to work with hand tools and basic mechanical ability required.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical/controls diagrams preferred.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written, to work with plant personnel and vendors.
- Computer knowledge necessary including proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, etc.). Experience with mobile devices preferred.
- A strong understanding of water hydraulic system and operation preferred.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and appropriately communicate sensitive information.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Colorado Driver’s license and be insurable under District standards.
The pay for this role is $16 - $18 an hour.
All District employees must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and extensive background check.
For a full job description, email email@example.com
All applicants must apply online at www.erwsd.org in order to be considered. The position will remain posted until filled.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 1105