Human Resources Coordinator
At Eagle River and Water Sanitation District, the HR department’s main focus is taking care of our dedicated and talented operators and crew so they can do what they do best- provide efficient and reliable water and wastewater service to our customers. We are looking to complete our team with a Human Resources Coordinator. We are looking for a person who is delighted by the details, an enthusiastic administrator and values organization above everything but being kind to those around them.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to break into a career in Human Resources as this position will provide general HR administrative support, focus on benefit administration and assist in the coordination and support of other Human Resources projects and initiatives.
Why work for us? The work you will do as a Human Resources Coordinator will allow you to grow your professional skills while providing a vital service to our mountain community. Not to mention our excellent health benefits, housing program, and ample opportunities for training and development.
The Day to Day:
- Organization: This role will be heavily focused on tracking, documentation, filing, and organizing details and processes. Maintains employee records filing system and develops processes for best practices in record keeping.
- Administration: Coordinates and arranges meetings, prepares agendas, reserves and prepares facilities, and records. Assists with developing and tracking job descriptions.
- Tracking: Maintains HRIS database (Paycom) for active and terminated employees, including data entry. Organizes and maintains file system and personnel records including tracking of safety, wellness, performance management, training and development initiatives.
- Training: Support Human Resources and Health & Safety initiatives by tracking all employee training.
- Benefits Administration: Provides administration of daily benefits activities and coordinates with employees, vendors, providers, and benefits brokers. Assists employees with enrollments and explanation of benefits. Maintain benefit vendor contact and provide information to vendors. Facilitate open enrollment process and prepare benefit plan materials.
- Leave Administration: Processes and communicates with employees’ leave of absence approvals and rejections along with tracking FMLA, STD and LTD claims.
- Payroll: Works with payroll department and HRIS to process benefits changes and payroll.
- Onboarding: Facilitates onboarding and paperwork sessions for new full-time and temporary employees. Helps new employees transition and feel welcome in their new role. Develops, implements, and maintains on-boarding programs. Enrolls new employees in benefit plans.
- Customer Service: Supports the organization by responding to employee questions and addressing HR related issues.
- Employee Relations: Helps organize, support, and coordinate employee wellness and recognition programs.
- Assists in supporting HR programs and strategies to meet business objectives.
- Assists in recruitment initiatives as needed.
- Is a key player in employee related administrative functions.
- Partner with HR team to support District Mission, Vision, and Values.
- EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION: Minimum of one year experience working in a professional office setting. Bachelors degree preferred. One to two years of human resources related experience preferred but not required. Desire to start or grow a career in Human Resources. Knowledge of local area and community preferred. Veteran status welcomed.
- ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS: Strong organizational skills are a must. Experience using computer systems to track and organize data helpful. An eye for process improvement in data management is helpful and this role will have ample opportunity to develop those skills.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE AND POSITIVITY: Enthusiastic and willing to help others. Committed to resolving issues and following up. Willingness to complete important and routine tasks.
- TECHNOLOGY: Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office (Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Able to text and use cell phones for quick response time to employee issues. Prior experience learning and mastering new computer systems required. Experience with Paycom or similar HCM preferred
- JUDGEMENT AND DECISION MAKING: Able to maintain confidentiality and appropriately communicate sensitive information with tact and discretion. Knows when to ask for help and seek resources for support in resolving issues. Ability to work independently, multi task and follow up with questions, complaints or suggestions.
- LICENSES: PHR or SHRM-CP certifications a plus OR an interest in studying and testing for SHRM or HRCI certification. Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Colorado Driver’s license and be insurable under District standards.
- COMMUNICATION: Great communication skills, including the ability to correspond professionally through email and comfort with public speaking. Demonstrated public speaking skills required, including the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, customers, and the general public. Able to ask questions and gather information. Able to maintain confidentiality and appropriately communicate sensitive information.
The pay range for this role is $19.41 - $27.16. Starting range depends on qualifications but generally falls within the minimum and midpoint of the pay range.
All District employees must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and extensive background check.
For a full job description including , email firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants must apply in order to be considered. The last day to apply is January 31, 2021.