The IT department at Eagle River Water and Sanitation District is responsible for delivering the best support possible for all IT issues. This enables ERWSD to do what it does best- provide efficient and reliable water and wastewater service to our customers.
We are currently looking for an experienced Network Administrator to join our team and continue to keep our network secure by managing and supporting all networks for 24x7 District operations. The ideal candidate for this role is a creative problem solver who can not only troubleshoot a complex network but can also teach a teammate how to do it just as well. This role is not a good fit for a lone wolf who prefers to work alone but is perfect for a team player with strong communication and collaboration skills. This role is hands on work and will work in the field on radio towers and other networking equipment.
Why work for us? This is a role where you will be able to apply your significant skills to serve your community and help protect the environment. Not to mention our excellent benefits, housing program, training opportunities, opportunity to work with a wide range of equipment, and a flexible work schedule.
The Day to Day:
- Support: Works with the I.T. Support team to resolve all technical support inquiries for the District (over 110 users at 6 locations) in a friendly and timely manner. Participate in 24 x 7 on call rotational basis. Support and resolve issues in the Operations Network. Support of industrial process controls and security. Support protection strategies for security, such as contractor access, strategic vendor access, and contract reviews
- Solutions: Troubleshoot a variety of hardware and software issues and develop an understanding of the root of the problem to devise a permanent solution. Analyzes and resolves problems associated with server hardware/software and applications software and ensures scalability and appropriate integration with other systems. Diagnose system and network issues identified by District end users to resolve problems quickly. Work with application vendors to provide a reliable infrastructure for applications in a 24x7 environment.
- Maintenance: Maintain and/or coordinate maintenance of applications that support or are supported by the SCADA & Admin systems. Responsible for maintenance and monitoring of servers, firewalls, routers, switches, serial & IP-based radio links and third party network circuits. Maintains and performs maintenance on point to point and point to multipoint radios which may require tower climbing with appropriate safety equipment.
- Security: Manage and maintain all firewall and security policies.
- Implementation: Configures and installs new computer hardware and software and provides training to other departments on software. Develops troubleshooting and installation procedures. Assist with the design, implementation, and maintenance of network and servers to assure reliability and 100% uptime for critical operations.
- Team Dynamics: Come up with creative ideas to bring to the team. Maintain a positive attitude and works cooperatively with IT team and District employees, vendors and contractors. Maintain good public relations. Escalate support issues as necessary to appropriate staff
- Organizational Support: Maintain strong relationships with all departments as one of the main network support source for the entire organization.
- Continuous Learning: Keep current with new technologies and industry standards. Attend training and conferences to support ongoing initiatives and bring value to the District.
- Values: Align with District Values in all aspects of work.
- Enthusiastic and willing to help others.
- Strong customer service skills are a must.
- Must be passionate about IT and actively seeking to expand knowledge.
- Communication and strong listening skills are a must.
- Ability to work independently, multi task and follow up with questions, complaints or suggestions.
- Education and Experience Requirements can be met by the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related technical field from four-year college or university and three years related experience of training
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years minimum working experience within an Active Directory environment.
- 5 years minimum working experience with monitoring/managing virtual environments.
- Experience with VMWare strongly preferred.
- 5 years minimum working experience with Microsoft Windows Server technologies.
- 5 years minimum working experience with Shoretel Phone systems or other related phone systems.
- 5 years minimum experience configuring/troubleshooting wireless networks.
- 5 years minimum working experience with Network Storage solutions and server hardware.
- 5 years minimum experience configuring/troubleshooting firewalls/switches.
- Knowledge and experience with dynamic routing protocols.
- Knowledge and experience managing point to point and point to multipoint radios.
- Knowledge and experience maintaining firewall security policies and QOS policies.
- Industry technical training certifications such as CCNA, CCNP,A+, MCSA, NCSA, etc. certifications highly desirable.
- Documentation and SOP creation skills highly desirable.
- Comfort with troubleshooting and working independently with technology.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and appropriately communicate sensitive information.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Colorado Driver’s license and be insurable under District standards.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee will be required to climb ladders and perform work at various heights, up to 50 ft, for extended periods of time and must be able to pull their own body weight, plus equipment-weight, up a vertical ladder repeatedly for extended periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, however the noise level will reach the loud level only occasionally when on the construction site and the heavy equipment and/or noisy activity is nearby.
The pay range for this role is $31.19 - $46.79. Starting range depends on qualifications but generally falls within the minimum and midpoint of the pay range.
All District employees must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and extensive background check.
For a full job description, email firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants must apply online at www.erwsd.org in order to be considered by January 31st, 2021.