The M/E (Mechanical/Electrical) Team at Eagle River Water and Sanitation District (ERWSD), is responsible for mechanical and electrical testing, troubleshooting, repair and preventative maintenance duties at all District facilities. This group’s work enables ERWSD to do what it does best- provide efficient and reliable water and wastewater service to our customers.
We are currently seeking a motivated self-starter to join our team as a Mechanical/Electrical Technician. The ideal candidate is just as comfortable in a teamwork environment as they are working independently and is able to build and maintain strong relationships. Electrical skills are key to this position and a Journeyman’s electrical license is preferred but not required. ERWSD will support on-going training to obtain and/or maintain an electrical license.
Why work for us? You’ll never get bored. This is a great opportunity with lots of daily variety where you can use your skills to help your community. Not to mention our excellent benefits, housing program and opportunities for learning and skills development.
The Day to Day
Electrical and Mechanical: Performs a variety of basic level installation, testing, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of a variety of electrical, mechanical and electronic systems, components and devices associated with the production, treatment, storage, transmission and distribution through the District’s water and wastewater infrastructure. This is inclusive of but not limited to replacing hydraulic lines and fittings, sump pumps, adjusting seal water volume, replacing valve and vent screens, motor control and pump control panels , installing wires, conduit, PVC pipe, power distribution devices, motor starters and VFD’s according to current electrical code. Replaces receptacles, heaters, fans, coils and pressure transmitters. De-energize and clean motor control, distribution and pump control panels.
Maintenance: Conducts field reads at pump stations and calculates production from field reads. Responsible for janitorial duties including cleaning pump stations, sumps, and plowing snow. Makes copies, revises and amends field sheets.
Teamwork: Supports all ERWSD Departments. Serves in an on-call capacity as required. The regular schedule for this position will be 7:00 a.m. -3:30 p.m., Monday-Friday.
Safety: Maintains and secures all assigned district tools, trucks and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE); required to follow all District safety and security policies.
Organizational Support: Maintain strong relationships with all Departments as the first line Electrical and Mechanical support for the entire organization.
Continuous Learning: Keep current with new technologies and industry standards. Attend training and conferences to support ongoing initiatives and bring value to the District.
Values: Align with District Values in all aspects of work.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Must be 18 years or older.
* At least four to five years of general maintenance, including 480-volt electrical experience.. Related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Journeyman’s Electrical License preferred.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as electrical diagrams, Piping and Instrumentation Drawings (P&ID) drawings, as-builds and schematics, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Trained and knowledgeable in Arc Flash Safety and NFPA 70E. Knowledge of common electrical practices, electric code, proper safety when working in panels up to 480 volts.
* Must be able to distinguish different colors of wiring
* Must be flexible and adaptable to meet the needs of a variable daily schedule.
* Proven customer service skills and the ability to work productively with minimal direct supervision. Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal) are essential. This position works closely with consumers, contractors, developers and other District Departments.
* Demonstrated ability with electric and electronic testing equipment.
* Ability to oversee and run special projects.
* Knowledge of pumping systems and welding experience highly desirable.
* California Water Environment Association (CWEA) Plant Maintenance Technologist certification preferred.
* Computer proficiency required, including basic Microsoft Office skills. Must have the ability to create and close work orders from our Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and respond to Helpdesk Tickets.
* Must possess a valid Colorado Driver's license and be insurable under District's standards.
* Must obtain CPR/First Aid Certification within the first six (6) months of employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; outside weather conditions, moving mechanical parts; and high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Outdoor work conditions can subject persons to extreme weather. Employees are often subject to carrying 50 pounds to tanks using snowshoes for up to a quarter mile.
The pay range for a M/E Technician Trainee is $19.80 - $27.71. There are four levels of M/E Technician ( Trainee, 1, 2, 3) with different titles and pay ranges depending on certifications, knowledge, skills and abilities. Pay range, title and starting wage depend on certifications and experience.
All applicants must apply online at www.erwsd.org by January 20 to be considered. All employees must be insurable under District standards, submit to a pre-employment drug screen and extensive background check.
Please contact email@example.com for a full job description or for any additional questions.
Pay: $19.80 to $27.71/hour
Employees are often subject to carrying 50 pounds to tanks using snowshoes for up to a quarter mile.<br></p> <p>The pay range for a M/E Technician Trainee is $19.80 - $27.71
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1099