IT Helpdesk Technician
The IT department at Eagle River Water and Sanitation District is responsible for delivering the best support possible for all IT issues. This enables ERWSD to do what it does best- provide efficient and reliable water and wastewater service to our customers.
We are looking for an energetic and positive IT professional to join our team as a Helpdesk Technician.This position will provide front line technical support for all IT problems and issues.
An ideal candidate for this role has a passion for IT support work, a willingness to learn and to collaborate with the rest of the IT team. This is a great opportunity for someone who values constant ongoing training, opportunities for development, and working with a wide range of technology. Not to mention our great benefits, housing stipend and excellent location!
The Day to Day:
- Support: Works with the I.T. Support team to resolve all technical support inquiries for the District (over 115 users at 6 locations) in a friendly and timely manner.
- Solutions: Troubleshoot a variety of hardware and software issues and develop an understanding of the root of the problem to devise a permanent solution.
- Implementation: Configures and installs new computer hardware and software and provides training to other departments on software.
- Documentation: Document all help desk queries. Collects data and performs analysis as needed
- Team Dynamics: Come up with creative ideas to bring to the team. Maintain a positive attitude and works cooperatively with IT team and District employees, vendors and contractors. Maintain good public relations. Escalate support issues as necessary to appropriate staff
- Organizational Support: Maintain strong relationships with all departments as the first line of technical support for the entire organization.
- Continuous Learning: Keep current with new technologies and industry standards. Attend training and conferences to support ongoing initiatives and bring value to the District.
- Values: Align with District Values in all aspects of work.
- Enthusiastic and willing to help others.
- Strong customer service skills are a must.
- Must be passionate about IT and actively seeking to expand knowledge.
- Communication and strong listening skills are a must.
- Ability to work independently, multi task and follow up with questions, complaints or suggestions.
- Education and Experience Requirements can be met by the following: Associate’s Degree in Information Systems or related technical field; OR One to Three years related experience and/or training; OR Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to support Microsoft Office Products and Operating Systems.
- Microsoft certifications preferred.
- One to Three years of Networking experience.
- Comfort with troubleshooting and work independently with technology
- Able to maintain confidentiality and appropriately communicate sensitive information.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Colorado Driver’s license and be insurable under District standards.
$20.16 - $28.22 an hour (depending on qualifications) plus comprehensive benefits and housing assistance. All District employees must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and extensive background check.
For a full job description, email email@example.com
All applicants must apply online in order to be considered. The application window for this position will close May 1.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1078