IT Helpdesk Technician
The IT department at Eagle River Water and Sanitation District is responsible for delivering the best support possible for all IT issues. This enables ERWSD to do what it does best- provide efficient and reliable water and wastewater service to our customers.
We are looking for an energetic and positive IT professional to join our team as an IT Helpdesk Technician. This position will be responsible for responsible for front line technical support problems and issues.
An ideal candidate for this role has a passion for learning and is committed to developing and applying their skills. This role is not a good fit for a lone wolf who prefers to work alone but is perfect for a team player with strong communication and collaboration skills.
Why work for us? An IT Helpdesk Technician role at the base of Vail Mountain for a great company that has a direct positive impact on the local environment and community- what could be better than that? Not to mention our excellent benefits, housing program, and training opportunities.
The Day to Day:
- Support: Works with the I.T. Support team to resolve all technical support inquiries for the District (over 103 users at 6 locations) in a friendly and timely manner.
- Solutions: Troubleshoot a variety of hardware and software issues and develop an understanding of the root of the problem to devise a permanent solution. Requests help after 30 minutes of working on an issue which has not been resolves. Troubleshoot core technologies including: Microsoft Office, PC deployment and troubleshooting, basic networking troubleshooting, active directory management, LAN and WAN technologies, common office hardware including printers and software.
- Implementation: Configures and installs new computer hardware and software and provides training to other departments on software.
- Documentation: Uses and manages the help desk ticketing system to assist with the 2000+ yearly support requests. Document all help desk queries. Collects data and performs analysis as needed. use and management of the help desk ticketing system and assists with the 2000+ yearly support requests
- Team Dynamics: Come up with creative ideas to bring to the team. Maintain a positive attitude and works cooperatively with IT team and District employees, vendors and contractors. Maintain good public relations. Escalate support issues as necessary to appropriate staff. Escalates support issues as necessary to appropriate staff. Aligns with all policies and SOP’s set forth by the IT department.
- Organizational Support: Maintain strong relationships with all departments as the first line of technical support for the entire organization.
- Continuous Learning: Keep current with new technologies and industry standards. Attend training and conferences to support ongoing initiatives and bring value to the District.
- Values: Align with District Values in all aspects of work.
- Enthusiastic and willing to help others.
- Strong customer service skills are a must.
- Must be passionate about IT and actively seeking to expand knowledge.
- Communication and strong listening skills are a must.
- Ability to work independently, multi task and follow up with questions, complaints or suggestions.
- Education and Experience Requirements can be met by the following:
- Associate’s Degree in Information Systems or related technical field
- One to Three years related experience and/or training
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to support Microsoft Office Products and Operating Systems.
- Microsoft certifications preferred.
- One to Three years of Networking experience.
- Comfort with troubleshooting and work independently with technology
- Able to maintain confidentiality and appropriately communicate sensitive information.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Colorado Driver’s license and be insurable under District standards.
- Must follow all safety requirements and obtain CPR/First Aid Certifications.
There are two levels for IT Helpdesk Technician with different titles and pay ranges depending on certifications, knowledge, skills and abilities. Pay range and title depend on certifications and experience. Starting range depends on qualifications but generally falls within the minimum and midpoint of the pay range. Pay ranges for each level are as follows:
- IT Helpdesk Technician I: $20.76 - $29.07
- IT Helpdesk Technician I: $22.82 - $31.97
Full time employees are eligible for a comprehensive medical benefits plan, retirement, and housing program!
All District employees must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and extensive background check.
For a full job description, email firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants must apply online in order to be considered. The last day to apply is June 20, 2021.