Are you someone with straight-up Leslie Knope levels of enthusiasm for local government? We have a job for you!
Eagle River Water & Sanitation District is a Colorado Special District governed by a publicly elected Board of Directors, which is our direct line of communication with our constituents. We value these relationships and they play a direct role in what we do to continue to provide efficient water and wastewater services to our community. We are looking for a District Administrator to join our administration team and work closely with our Administration Manager and Board of Directors. The ideal candidate for this role is a professional who has experience or is highly interested in the inner workings of local government, highly focused on accuracy and fine details, and thrives on organization and getting things done almost as much as they love building effective relationships.
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly detail -oriented professional who wants to make an impact in their community. The primary responsibility of this position is to perform all administrative duties and functions related to all Board of Directors meetings for Eagle River Water & Sanitation District (District), Upper Eagle Regional Water Authority (Authority), and Eagle Park Reservoir Company (Company), including serving as Board Secretary and deputy Designated Election Official. This position supports the Administration Manager in board relations and records management. This position provides backup to the Office Administrator and is also responsible for special projects as assigned by the General Manager.
Why work for us? The work you will do as District Administrator will directly support environmental decision making in our community. Not to mention our excellent health benefits, housing program, and ample opportunities for training and development.
The Day to Day:
- Board of Directors Functions:
- Coordinates all meetings and work sessions of the boards and board subcommittees.
- Ensures compliance with Open Meetings laws.
- Prepares and distributes board packets; contacts interested persons with agenda notice
- Documents board activities and decisions;
- Drafts board summaries, minutes, and referrals/action items
- Monitors completion of action items by informing and assisting coworkers and consultants
- Distributes approved board packets
- Posts approved board information to the district website
- Maintains digital minute books and adheres to records management procedures
- Maintains confidentiality on all appropriate matters
- Board Management
- Establishes and maintains board archives; terms of service, attendance, policy amendments, etc.
- Establishes and maintains board policy manual. Ensures policies are communicated and integrated throughout District.
- Reviews and maintains policies and initiatives and recommends updates as necessary
- Assists board members, staff, legal counsel and consultants, upon request
- Coordinates onboarding sessions, required documentation, and statutory filings for new board members and coordinates offboarding activities for members leaving the board
- Governmental Affairs
- Distributes approved information to Authority member agencies.
- Serves as the deputy Designated Election Official for District elections and assists the Designated Election Official with election matters.
- Assures compliance with statutory filings.
- Records Management:
- Serves as deputy Custodian of Records.
- Responds to Open Records Requests per the Colorado Open Records Act.
- Uses SharePoint for saving and tracking all board-related documents.
- Assists board members, consultants, and legal counsel by preparing and modifying documents, communicating and tracking pending actions and requests, and coordinating meetings.
- Performs writing, editing, and formatting assistance upon request for internal and external documents.
- Follows Incident Command System when incident response is necessary.
- Follows all District safety and security policies and wears Personal Protective Equipment as required.
- Assists Administration Manager with the following functions:
- Special Projects as assigned.
- Researching and processing information for litigation discovery and open records requests.
- Assists in supporting the administration and senior leadership team to meet the strategic goals of the organization.
- Is a key player in all district related administrative functions.
- Partner with administration team to support district mission, vision, and values.
- EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, preferably in Public Affairs, Communications, Journalism, or Business Management. Outstanding written and verbal communication is essential. Experience in Colorado Special Districts, inter-governmental affairs, and Community/Public Relations is preferred. Paralegal Studies Certificate, Incident Command System training, and knowledge of public policy and board proceedings is helpful. Two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Veteran status welcomed.
- ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS: Envisions ways to make us more efficient, more productive and more sustainable through strong organizational skills. An eye for process and efficiency improvement is helpful and this role will have ample opportunity to develop those skills. This role is a great fit for someone who thrives on routine and schedule.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE AND POSITIVITY: Enthusiastic and willing to help others. Committed to resolving issues and following up. The ideal candidate sees the big picture in how their work plays into the organization as whole.
- RELATIONSHIP BUILDING: Must be a people person with a proven ability to establish and maintain highly effective relationships. This role will need to develop and maintain strong relationships with board members, executives, managers, elected and appointed officials of other public agencies, business leaders, community organization representatives, and the public. Must have the ability to enthusiastically interact with employees, board members, and managers at all levels within the organization as well as maintain a high level of confidentiality
- COMMUNICATION AND WRITING SKILLS: Great communication skills, including the ability to correspond professionally through email and by phone. Demonstrated public speaking skills required, including the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from the leadership team, employees, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Able to ask questions and gather information. Must have excellent written skills, including the ability to prepare legal documents, correspondence and other necessary materials for board members, upper management, and consultants. Experience creating effective and attractive PowerPoint presentations following branding guidelines. Must be detail oriented and accurate. Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- TECHNOLOGY: This role needs to be tech savvy and proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite (Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Advanced Microsoft Word skills required. SharePoint experience preferred. Able to efficiently utilize office equipment. Prior experience learning and mastering software systems is necessary.
- JUDGMENT AND DECISION MAKING: Able to maintain confidentiality and appropriately communicate sensitive information with tact and discretion. Knows when to ask for help and seek resources for support in resolving issues. Ability to work independently, multitask and follow up with questions, complaints or suggestions.
- LICENSES: Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Colorado Driver’s license and be insurable under District standards.
The pay range for this role is $26.28 - $39.41. Starting range depends on qualifications but generally falls within the minimum and midpoint of the pay range.
All District employees must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and extensive background check.
For a full job description, email email@example.com
All applicants must apply in order to be considered. The last day to apply is 01/24/2021.