Construction Manager II
CONSTRUCTION MANAGER II - Full Time Year Round
Capital investment and long-range planning are essential functions of the District. Effective oversight of these functions ensures the future viability of the organization, its assets and the service the District provides to the community, and that the greatest value to our constituents is achieved.
We are looking for an experienced construction professional to join our Engineering Team as a Construction Manager II. The ideal candidate for this role is experienced in the public process for construction, is solution oriented, and can work independently while still being a collaborative and communicative team member in a talented and dedicated group.
This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys undertaking projects at varying levels of size and scope, working on $2000 to $20million projects. This position plays a critical role in our community, making a difference in shaping how Eagle River Water and Sanitation District provides service to new and existing developments effectively, economically and securely.
The Day to Day:
- CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT PROJECT MANAGEMENT: The Construction Manager II will be the team leader during the following stages of CIP implementation including: generation of projects, scoping/budgeting, planning, design, permitting, bidding, construction, contract administration, testing and startup, and close out/warranty.
- STAKEHOLDER COORDINATION: The Construction Manager II will support operations department managers and supervisors (e.g. water, wastewater, and field operations) by facilitating budget requests, scoping, and scheduling Capital Improvement projects. The CMII is responsible for contracting with various consultants (e.g. design, permitting, surveying, etc.) at the appropriate project milestone. The goal is to represent the best interests of the operations division for scoping the project and maintaining adherence to scope, schedule, and budget once a project is developed. The CMII will also be responsible for coordination with other entities such as municipalities, permitting authorities, government entities, regulatory agencies, and other utility companies during design and construction. Throughout the planning and design phases, the CMII will provide input on project implementation schedule, budget, technical plan and specification review, constructability, permitting, conformance with District specifications, and integration with existing District facilities and infrastructure. In addition to District Capital Improvements, the CMII may coordinate with outside land developers for the construction of Major Facilities (e.g. tanks, pump stations, etc.) on behalf of the District. Attends project identification, budget, scoping and planning meetings for assigned CIP projects and provides construction management input to project team.
- COMMUNICATION AND COORDINATION: Provides detailed plan and specification review during design phase and constructability recommendations to the design engineers. Creates a project implementation schedule, in conjunction with operations staff, which includes planning, permitting, bidding and construction phases, and keeps it up-to-date and available to all team members throughout the project. Coordinates permitting information collection, submittals and communication of approvals. Prepares reports for District management and Board of Directors as needed. Manages the bidding, award, contract administration, construction scheduling, requests for information (RFI), field changes, communication with and coordination between engineers and contractors, pay application negotiations and recommendations, field observation and documentation, negotiation of change orders, coordination with District operations, coordination with interested property owners, regulatory agencies, other utilities, secures accurate project as-builts and ensures they are added to the District data management and recordkeeping.
- CONSTRUCTION: Once the design phase is complete, the CMII will be responsible for overseeing bidding, contracting, contract administration, coordination of project timelines, schedules, and budgets with the contractor, consultants and engineers, reviewing and recommending payment of contractor pay applications, coordination with plant supervisors, property owners and regulatory agencies, quality control and field verification inspections and project close out duties. Job duties will also include: coordination of District interests with town, county, and state agencies, contractors, architects, engineers and other service providers. The Construction Manager II will be responsible for documentation of all project management aspects of assigned.
- FINANCIAL, REGULATORY AND RISK ACCOUNTABILITY: Follows through with permit requirements and conditions until complete. Monitors the project budget and requests amendments as necessary. Works cooperatively with contractors to foresee potential liabilities, risks, change orders and delays and resolve conflicts on the District’s behalf. Required to follow all District safety and security policies and wear Personal Protective Equipment as required by the job duties.
- THE BIG PICTURE: Collaborate with Operations Managers and Supervisors to champion continuous improvement in project management processes and procedures aimed at reducing District risk and increasing capital investment value. Support the Operations Divisions in realizing capital improvement goals.
- Bachelor's or Associate’s degree in construction management or related field; and five years construction and/or project management experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Be able to perform each essential duty effectively.
- Experienced in the management and implementation of infrastructure projects.
- Knowledge of design drawing, project manual, and specification preparation processes.
- Knowledge of public bidding processes and statutory requirements related thereto.
- Able to read and interpret contract documents, construction drawings, and specifications.
- Effective communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Effective leadership of project team.
- Able to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Able to read and interpret critical path method (CPM) construction schedules.
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc.
- Proficient with basic construction best practices.
- Knowledge of basic construction site safety procedures.
- Able to effectively document communications, correspondence, and field observations using photographic and written methods.
- Must possess a valid Colorado Driver's license within 30 days of full time employment and be insurable under District's standards.
- Must obtain CPR/First Aid Certification within the first six (6) months of employment.
- Required to follow all District safety and security policies and wear Personal Protective Equipment as required by the job duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; electrical hazards, heights; fumes or airborne particles; and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud. The employee may be required to access elevated areas or confined spaces using appropriate safety practices and PPE. These conditions are incurred during on-site visits to operating construction sites.
The working conditions vary from general office conditions to outside field conditions. Must be willing to work overtime, holidays and weekends. Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision. Must be able to identify, analyze and accomplish organizational objectives. A general knowledge of construction and engineering ways and means is a must.
All District employees must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and extensive background check.
For a full job description, email email@example.com
All applicants must apply online at www.erwsd.org in order to be considered.
The application window for this position will close February 28.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1074